Sunday, April 13, 2008

repurpose capri sun pouches

Do your kids drink Capri Sun or KoolAid in a "fool's foil" pouch? Well, I tried to avoid it for as long as I could with Fallon since the pouches are non-recyclable (not foil) and billions of these pouches end up in landfills each year. But Capri Sun is at every party and in many a lunch box at her school. It was inevitable. We finally gave in - but in order to comply with Fallon's request, I wanted to repurpose these pouches. I had heard of companies like up and coming Terracycle, ecoist and bazura that take wrappers, pouches and other non-recylcable materials and turn them into something useful. I asked Fallon's school, Merryhill, to start saving these Capri Sun pouches for me so I can begin my repurposing project. I want to make these into fun things for the kids during Earth Week. If any of you drink them, send the pouches my way!