Friday, April 11, 2008

on my iPod: missin' the 80's

I had an urge today to download some of my favorite 80's songs. What I realized is that I practically LOVED every song I came across from Madonna - Prince - Duran Duran - Bon Jovi - New Order - Cyndi Lauper - Elvis Costello - Journey! I even liked Def Leppard! Why was music so good back then? And so, I told Jonathan (thinking it was a shot in the dark), "If Elvis Costello ever tours, I have to see him." Lo and behold, he is touring with the Police and coming here in May!!! Gotta go. And then I proceeded to download every Journey song. There was many a Tuesday night during karaoke at BW-3 at Ohio State, I looked forward to the sloppy, chubby guy to stand up and rock out to Open Arms. Do you remember this guy, my fellow Buckeyes? He was so entertaining. I looked for him hoping he'd be on You Tube, but no go. I did come across the videos of the new Journey lead singer, Arnel Pineda, who happens to be Filipino. Yes, he can sing Steve Perry. After Jonathan and I enjoyed a few Journey videos and sang along to all of them, I said to Jonathan, "If Journey ever tours, we have to go." Lo and behold, they will perform at Mandalay Bay on July 18! Anyone want to join and relive the 80's with us? I'm also downloading Elvis Presley and Beatles to share with the girls.