Thursday, April 17, 2008

my parents are still in the philippines

I've gotten some emails regarding the status of my parents. Yes, they are still in the Philippines. They are supposed to come back in June, but my mom is ready to come back. She has missed spring gardening and tomato planting the past few years (I miss it too!). Most of you know that my parents hibernate in the Philippines from January- June. Dad gets his fill of surgeries through various medical missions since he has been retired. He has been feeling great - not taking medication for his allergies or heart. Mom is enjoying having a maid and getting regular massages and mani/pedis. They are doing light traveling and lots of socializing. And of course, they are eating like champs. I'd say in a nutshell, they are enjoying their lives. Despite their good reports, I still worry about them and I miss them a lot. I look forward to their arrival back in the States. Fallon misses having Lola (Grandma) down the hall and we miss Papa's treats to the buffets. I especially miss their cooking! I am sure they are also missing Fallon and dying to see how big Aspen is! Hurry back! We love you!