Tuesday, April 01, 2008

happy april: earth day is coming

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better it's not" - The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
I began to blog so our families can stay updated with Fallon, but it's become more than that. I used to keep a journal the old fashioned way, but have since enjoyed the electronic way. And since the green boom, many of you have sent me emails on what you are doing to become more green and asking me my thoughts on products or topics. I love reading them! So, now I throw in a green post here and there. I am no authority, but we do strive to make better choices, especially with having 2 kids now. Bigger families = bigger consumption = more garbage = more responsibility. We are very conscious of walking and talking green - from organic foods to choosing fair trade and safe products to recycling, cutting back, making smart choices, etc. We try everyday to reduce our waste by recycling, reusing/repurposing and refusing bags at stores or not using takeout containers. Every little bit helps. Here's a thought: If they charged us by the pound for trash pickup, I bet we would really try to reduce our weekly waste! In celebration of Earth Day, I will blog more about our green thoughts, ideas and products - including cool kid/baby gear. Stay tuned!