Friday, March 21, 2008

what i'm reading: skinny bitch

Hey bitches...I've heard so much about this book and have been urged by several people to read it. I don't have any plans to go vegan/macrobitotic, but I have always wanted to understand it better. I just love food so much! We do eat very healthy and try to only buy organic, especially the meats and poultry. I think I avoided it because I know what they'd say about sugar and coffee - my 2 vices. Aunt Debi Gregson was the last person to recommend the book, so I finally jumped on the bandwagon (albeit a little late) and popped it in my shopping cart at amazon. I have to admit, they had me at 'Hello.' I put it on the coffee table and guests could not put it down. Jonathan transferred it to the bathroom and stays longer in the bathroom to finish chapters, so it's not just for girls! Not only is it funny and full of the f-word, but it's full of important facts about the FDA and what chemicals they allow us to eat! The most important thing I gained from the book is to be very leery of everything you consume. I will blog more about my lessons from this book.