Saturday, March 08, 2008

fallon is 3 and 1/2

Fallon continues to make us laugh and entertain us everyday. She is currently into Fancy Nancy (thank god - less Disney princess!) and fairies. She dresses up in a dress or tutu and wings every chance she gets. I don't mind even if we have to go out in public in her full garb. She is deep in her imaginary play - which is so entertaining.

She's also been an excellent big sister to Aspen. Even when Fallon is sick, she still gives Aspen a hug or says she doesn't want to get too close so Aspen won't get sick. She is so loving that sometimes, out of nowhere, she will stop what she is doing and run over to us, give a leg hug and say, "I just love you so much - I want to eat you up!" She can also crack us up and say things like, "Mom, I told you not to make it too loud - I might get a headache." Her ability to be a drama queen is also very much a part of her antics.

Her vocabulary is unstoppable. I learned early on that I don't have to baby talk to her. When we were at Trader Joe's the other day, she grabbed a bag of raisins and said, "Mom, I need raisins because they have antioxidants." I asked her, "what are antioxidants?" She replied, "so I won't get cancer."

She also has been doing very well at Merryhill School. We are amazed at her development, especially with her socialization and motor skills. She has blossomed into a social butterfly and loves nothing more than to get up and go to school to see her friends and her wonderful teachers, Mrs. Ghanimian and Mrs. Dacarat. They have truly helped to bring out her personality and encouraged her to be herself. She has learned so much academically as well - animals, cultures, Spanish, months, holidays, manners and more! It has been worth every penny and we are excited for her to go back next year.