Monday, August 20, 2007

fallon's first day of school!!!

Mommy clutching to Fallon.Fallon in her classroom.Today is the day Jonathan and I have been dreading - her first day of school at Merryhill. We all got up early and got Fallon ready. Jon seemed a little anxious getting her to school on time while I was just a zombie trying to keep up and get over my morning bloating. The school lot was packed and we saw all the cute kids walking with their parents in their uniforms and school gear. It hit me and I got very emotional. We were like those attached parents with a video camera and a camera capturing every moment possible!
The teacher said it went pretty good - no tears (from her). It took her a while to warm up to the routines, kids, lunchtime, naptime, playtime, etc. but overall, she did well and much better on Tuesday. We were mostly a wreck - Jon cried 3 times only because he will now only see her for an hour and a half in the mornings (tues-fri). I miss her like like crazy in the day, but I am finding more time to get things done before I pick her up at 3.