Thursday, August 28, 2008

my birthday

Jon checked me into Wynn hotel yesterday for a spa day and a kid-free evening. Christina was my decoy and was in charge of taking me to Okada - my favorite Japanese restaurant. I was surprised to find our wonderful friends for a lovely evening in view of the waterfall. The sushi was amazing as usual. We later were paid a visit by Elvis who arrived with a guitar and played my favorite Elvis songs. He was a great Elvis (way better than the one at our wedding and Christina was hitting on him!). When he finished, he presented me with the guitar he was playing and said it was my birthday present from Jon! (I need to be careful of my whims because now I 'have' to take guitar lessons). Later, Ash, Jon, Steve and I hung out at Tryst for a bit and called it a Wednesday night!