Sunday, May 11, 2008

simon lebon made mother's day

We had brunch at The Four Season's with the Manni's for Mother's Day. During half time we took a family photo outside by the pool. On the way out, I thought I saw a familiar face on the lounge chair. A second glance at this person and I said to Stephanie, "I think that's Simon Le Bon." I knew it had to be because Duran Duran played in town last night and he was the only guy at the pool pushing 50 with spikey frosted hair. After our family photo, Fallon and Michaela started dancing for the onlookers - including Mr. Le Bon, who seemed to be enjoying the show. He was waving to the girls and smiling at them. It was refreshing to see that he was not trying to be incognito. We didn't really want to bother him, so we walked back inside to finish round 2 of eating. I was flipping out because I was a die-hard Duran Duran fan! If you only knew what this sighting would have done for me as a teen. I've seen them in concert about 5 times... gee, I'm old! We see famous people a lot in Vegas, but he stands out as most friendly. After finishing our amazing brunch, we went back out to take the Manni family photo and he was still there. The girls had run out to the pool's edge so we had to chase after them and Mr. Le Bon was packing up. He turned around and said, "Hi again." I asked him how his show was. He was extremely nice and started talking about it, but all I could hear was "Wonk, wonk, wonk, wonk, wonk" while I was freaking out inside (would it be inappropriate to throw my bra at him?). He continued to talk about the show, his bandmates and then went up to Jonathan to admire his watch. He was so chatty! Being on tour must get lonely at times and he probably needed some normal interaction. After a few friendly exchanges, we parted. We used the restroom, but when we came out, we saw him picking 2 flowers off the Jasmine vines outside. Then he came inside, looked around and gave the 2 flowers to Fallon and Michaela! Fallon said, "I love Jasmine! It's like the princess!" He told them that Jasmine is his favorite flower (because his gorgeous, supermodel wife's name is Yasmin - of course). The girls thanked him and Steph and I thought, what an awesome Mother's Day! It's so handy having kids.

After brunch, Jason and Brian invited us to join them at the poolside at Wynn Hotel. It seems like Four Seasons and Wynn is a becoming a Mother's Day tradition. Ashley also joined and the girls got to go swimming. It was Aspen's first time in the pool! It was a great day.