Friday, October 26, 2007

i wanna be gwen

I finally got to see Gwen Stefani solo in concert (I've seen her with No Doubt)! Love her! Jon got me tickets for my birthday. Mom babysat while Jon and I ran out with Scott Bissell to catch the show at Pearl in the Palms hotel. Awesome venue - I will definitely go back there to see more concerts. Her performance was incredible and her stage was not overdone. And as always, fun outfits. You can really see how she is influenced by Japanese culture. We had great seats and I was so bummed that I did not bring my camera! I had my phone which wasn't so bad. At one point during the concert, she parted the standing room only section, ran through them and climbed up on the sound mixers box which happened to be right in front of us! Other highlight: the breakdancing.